Silica Respirator Half Face Kit
Silica Dust Respirator Kit
The Sundstrom SR100 Silica Dust silicone half face respirator is designed for heavy-duty work during extended periods.
Silicone mask (low allergenic, superior facial seal).
SUNDSTROM SR100 SILICA DUST RESPIRATOR FEATURES
- Deep chin cup and broad nose rim.
- Two exhalation valves.
- New valve caps with air diffusion (no clogging during spray jobs).
- Cradle Harness.
- Can easily be fitted with optional SmallTalk microphone and loudspeaker.
- Accepts all Sundstrom filters and compressed air attachments.
- Heavy-duty use, full time exposure, long-term work.
- Single strap headband, easy to detach for cleaning.
SUNDSTROM SR100 SILICA DUST RESPIRATOR KIT CONTAINS
- Sundstrom SR100 Silicone Mask (Low Allergenic, Superior facial Seal)
- Sundstrom SR510 P3 Particulate Filter
- Sundstrom SR221 Pre Filter & Retainer
- Sundstrom Antibacterial Wipe
Silica dust and cancer
Silica dust is harmful when inhaled into your lungs. As it is 100 times smaller than a grain of sand, you can be breathing it in without knowing.
Exposure to silica dust can lead to the development of lung cancer, silicosis (an irreversible scarring and stiffening of the lungs), kidney disease and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
It is estimated that 230 people develop lung cancer each year as a result of past exposure to silica dust at work. Not all exposed workers will develop cancer; cancer risk increases with long term or repeated high level exposure
Working With Silica Dust
Fabricating, and installing natural and artificial stone bench tops can release high levels of RCS through cutting, grinding and polishing processes, particularly when dry cutting methods are used.
Workers can also be exposed to RCS from poor cleaning practices, including dry brooming of dust, the use of compressed air, using non-H class HEPA filtered vacuum cleaners or by allowing the accumulation of dust within the workplace.
The risks are much greater when working with engineered stone as it contains up to 95 per cent crystalline silica while natural stone contains 5-50 per cent crystalline silica.
Silica Dust Comparison Size
How to Use The Sundstrom Silica Respirator